The Towers Watson and Willis group of companies (the “Company” or “Willis Towers Watson”) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
A changing healthcare landscape creates new opportunities. With our combined understanding of regulation and risk, behavioral insights and technology platforms, we create innovative exchange-based services and solutions that enable people to navigate options with confidence, and give employers decision-making peace of mind.
Willis Towers Watson’s Exchange Solutions operates a private health care marketplace, OneExchange, which supports all workforce populations: full- and part-time employees, early and Medicare-eligible retirees, and other special populations. With ten years of operating experience, Fortune 1000 companies, public sector employers and unions have been using OneExchange solutions to connect Medicare-eligible and pre-65 retirees as well as part-time employees to the individual market. OneExchange delivers significant health benefit cost savings, reduced administration and industry-leading customer service.
About the Role:
As a Seasonal Benefit Advisor you will have the rewarding opportunity to speak with Medicare eligible retirees across the country to assist them in selecting insurance plans that meet their individual needs. You will spend approximately 90% of your day in phone conversation with retirees exercising patience and knowledge with caring explanations to enroll them in Medicare healthcare insurance. This is a seasonal role that runs until the end of each year.
- Use a consultative approach to listen, and assess the retirees insurance needs and appropriate eligibility
- Effectively, and empathetically communicate the costs and benefits of multiple Medicare insurance plans over the phone
- Compare, interpret, and apply varying guidelines across multiple insurance carriers to meet retiree specific heath scenarios so the retiree is comfortable with their final choice
- Work through scheduled, and inbound calls with patience and an emphasis on service, not call volume
- Work as a team player in a diverse, professional call center environment
- Adhere to all legal regulations
- Shifts will vary between 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM EST
You are excited to learn new things, have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve. You have patience, and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of retirees, even when they are unable to clearly articulate what is important to them. You are able to change your communication style based on the region of the call, the client, and the medical needs of the caller. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone!
- Must have a current Florida General Life, Accident, Health License
- Must live with in a 50 mile radius of the Willis Towers Watson Tampa location at 3407 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33607
- Must will able to attend a two week training class onsite that runs from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Required to have a high-speed internet connection of 25 Mbps Down/5 Mbps or higher.
- Required to have a home office location that is noise-free and distraction free during your work schedule
- Ability to setup an At-Home office computer hardware
- Must have IOS or Android device capable of adding applications to
- After your first day complete required certifications to represent local and national insurance carriers
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone
- Ability to learn new proprietary computer systems
- Ability to follow a call guide
- Experience in a sales consulting environment preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated approach to ensure workload is completed efficiently within departmental standards
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret insurance documents, detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices, and contracts
- College degree a plus
Willis Towers Watson maintains a diverse working environment of dedicated associates. We utilize the latest in technology, and top of the line computer and telephony systems. We reward our associates with competitive hourly rates, monthly bonuses, team competitions, and raffles. Each year we invite top performing seasonal associates to join our team on a year round basis, or invite them back for the following season.
Willis Towers Watson is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/D/V